Thursday, July 7, 2011

Titanium Inspiration

I was 15 and scared about the back surgery that I knew would
eventually have to happen. So I turned to the Internet hoping to
find first hand accounts on what I would be up against. You know
what I found? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I got a massive surgery with
no information other than what the doctors told me, and that's something
I will regret for the rest of my life.

This is my story about having three spinal deformities, custom
braces, a monstrous surgery, and dealing with life after. I'm
writing this for no other reason than hoping this information
helps someone in any way possible no matter how small it is. I
write this hoping that I can inspire someone, someone can relate
to this, or that it helps better prepare someone for surgery. If I
can make any of that happen even in just one tiny way, then I can
feel like the ordeal I went though had some meaning to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment